The government will be providing free coaching to the students for JEE and NEET entrance exams for engineering and medical studies respectively. This facility will be provided from the next year onwards.
The students can avail the free coaching at the 3000 different training and teaching centers established by the government across the country. Not only this the coachings will be provided for the UGC-NET, management and pharma entrance exams to the students.
As per the ToI report, the government is planning to convert the 3000 test practice centers into teaching centers, which will not only provide the mock test facility but will also provide the coaching for the various higher education entrance tests.
The students can start to avail the facility of the mock test from 8th September this year but the free coaching facility will be expected to start from the next year from May onwards. The registration for the practice test will start from 1 September 2018.
This decision will hit the private coaching mafia which is charging huge amount of money in the name of prestigious entrance exams like JEE and NEET.
The government is planning to majorly help the underprivileged students and student from backward areas. The students here have big dreams but due to the high financial amount required to crack these entrance exams, these kids have to give up their dreams.
Thus this move made by the government will help the students a lot and will directly hit the private coachings.
The important point about the procedure for Free coaching
1. The Registration for the practice test can be done through the app or from the NTA website. The registration process will start from 1st September and will continue till 30th September.
2. The registered candidates can give the mock tests for the upcoming JEE Main exam which will be conducted in January 2019.
3. After the mock tests, students can analyze their results and can consult with the NTA mentors to improvise their mistakes in these tests.
4. Free coaching facilities will be started only after the first set of exams by the month of May in 2019.
5. The NTA will soon launch an app which will help the students to locate the nearest study center.
6. NTA has also informed about the tentative schedule for the exams, which are available on its website https://www.nta.ac.in/
7. NTA will be responsible for conducting JEE main, NEET, UGC NET, pharmacy and management entrance exams.